Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Initial Check-In

Apparently, there is a bit of a culture around the 'proper' comment to use for an initial check-in comment in source control.
Blogs, on the other hand, seem to follow two basic patterns. They are either
  1. Completely bereft of detail, maybe a single sentence, a paragraph (if you're lucky), or a youtube video.
  2. Cookie-cutter. You all know the formula. This is who I am, this is what i'm going to be posting, this is how you contact me, bla. bla. bla.
The problem with the former is it tells you nothing at all, and the problem with the latter is it's quickly turned into a lie when the scope of the blog grows beyond what the creator initially envisioned.

I am going to do neither.

Firstly, I don't have any good youtube videos to post to show myself off (emphasis on the good, I have some youtube vidoes, but they all suck)
Secondly, you know who I am, and you know what the blog's about. It's just over there on the right! Not much point going over it all again.

So, Welcome to the Andromeda Project. I'll do my best to keep you all interested in my random ramblings.

Also, for the record, I have no problem with using 'Initial Check-in' as my initial check-in comment, although I think from now on i'll pick more memorable ones. 'Let there be light' seems appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment